Quiddity seeks exceptional prose and poetry from emerging and established writers around the world. We look forward to reading your work.
- Prose: one work (5,000 words maximum)
- Poetry: up to five poems (no more than ten pages total)
- Include a cover letter.
- Please be sure your name and contact information appear on the FIRST page of the work for prose, and on EACH page of the work for poetry.
- Hard copy submissions should include an email address and a self-addressed, business-size (#10), stamped envelope (SASE) for response. Please note: Manuscript will not be returned.
- Electronic submissions may be made online using Submishmash/Submittable. A $3.50 online fee applies to electronic submissions.
- All work must be previously unpublished.
Hard copy submissions should be addressed to either Prose Editor or Poetry Editor at
Quiddity, Benedictine University at Springfield, 1500 North Fifth Street, Springfield, IL 62702 USA.
We look forward to receiving high-quality prose and poetry from both established and emerging writers. We do not limit general submissions to specific subject-matter or style. Novel excerpts are welcome as long as the work can stand alone. Translations are welcome as long as permission, in writing, has been granted.
We accept simultaneous submissions but require notification immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere. Work submitted must fit the guidelines listed above.
Quiddity's international literary journal is a publication of Benedictine University at Springfield. It is published semi-annually in the fall and spring. Quiddity's companion public-radio program is produced by Illinois Public Radio’s hub station, NPR member/PRI affiliate WUIS. Contributors may be invited to read their work for the public-radio program.
Subscription and back-issue information may be found here.
Radio program submissions are presently closed. However, work accepted in the journal may be selected for the public-radio program.
Reading series submissions are presently closed.